Divorce: Ending Your Marriage The Right Way
When you are ending your marriage, it is critical to do so the right way. The dissolution of marriage (divorce) is not just the end of a romantic relationship; it is also the finalization of a legal and financial partnership. As such, you have much at stake — from time with your children to financial security.
At the law office of Philip R. Shucklin, P.S., in Bellevue, Washington, we help people protect their rights and interests as they close this chapter in their lives and move onto the next. With 35 years of legal experience, a background in social work and solid relationships with judges and other divorce attorneys on the Eastside, Mr. Shucklin is well-situated to help you:
- Protect your interests during the division of property, achieving a fair divorce settlement
- Ensure your rights are respected in regard to spousal maintenance (alimony)
- Handle domestic violence concerns and allegations appropriately
- Create a residential parenting (child custody) schedule that protects your child’s best interests and fits into your life
- Arrive at a fair and reasonable child support and college support agreement or order
- Update your will and other estate planning documents to reflect your marital status
Early Involvement Is Key: Filing For Divorce
While Mr. Shucklin is well-prepared to help you at any stage of the dissolution process, he prefers to get involved in your case as soon as possible. By dealing with your case from its inception, before the divorce filing if possible, he is best positioned to assess your priorities and create and execute a strategy to accomplish them.
We urge you to contact our law office today to discuss your case for free and learn how we can be of service. Should you hire our law firm to handle your divorce, you will benefit from our:
- Standing in the community: Mr. Shucklin is a well-respected Eastside attorney. His community involvement includes service with the Eastside Legal Assistance Program as a former board member, board president and current volunteer. He was also the first male board president of Eastside Domestic Violence Program, now known as LifeWire. During his decades of legal practice on the Eastside, he has built strong working relationships with judges, prosecutors and other divorce lawyers. And he will leverage these relationships to best serve you.
- Commitment to personal service: Mr. Shucklin will handle your case directly, and you will never be left out of the loop. As the son of a successful attorney, he is committed to providing clients with old-fashioned, one-on-one attention. You and your case are important to us.
- Straightforward approach to legal counsel: Divorce, no matter the circumstances, is stressful. With an undergraduate degree in social work, Mr. Shucklin will treat you with compassion and direct you to other supportive services as needed. He will also provide you with realistic expectations and his honest assessment of your case throughout the process.
Call 425-637-9886 or contact us online to schedule your free initial legal consultation with Mr. Shucklin. We would be honored to answer your questions and tell you more about how we can help you through this challenging time. Evening and weekend appointments, as well as on-site parking, are available.